Sunday, March 2, 2014

6 things...



…that have been going on with me lately:

1. Turns out that jury duty is really fun! Like most, I groaned when the notice landed in my mailbox. But the whole experience was really fascinating. I wound up getting chosen for a one-day trial, and it was so cool to work together with people of every walk of life. In that isolated environment, backgrounds and social status was moot; everyone and their opinion was equally important. Where else does that happen? At the end of the day, we all traded hugs on the courtroom steps. So awesome.
2. My personal essay got published in this beautiful anthology. I'm incredibly honored!
3. Erik and I treated ourselves to the tasting menu at Xixa last night. Holy delicious. It was one of the most amazing meals I've ever had. We can't stop talking about the food, and, at $40 a pop, it's a terrific deal. Get yourself a reservation, people.
4. Speaking of Erik, I just love being married. Right after our wedding, people would ask, "how's married life?" To which I would laughingly respond, "it's the same." But now, I've come to realize that it's not—it's so much better!
5. We've been juicing every day. At first, I resisted because I thought it was such a waste of fiber, but it's one of the easiest ways to up our produce intake. My favorites: kale, pineapple, and mint; orange, carrot, and ginger; and apple, kale, spinach, and carrot.
6. Call me obsessed, but I booked another girls' surf trip to Barbados. GAH. I can't wait!!! Just gotta finish about 10 deadlines first...

Pic: The delicious sweets from my friend Tom's delicious bakery and deli. Their black and white cookies are off the chain, and I don't even like black and white cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment