Monday, October 31, 2011

little letters


Dear Self,
It's okay to still feel sad and not be at 100%.
P.S. Hang in there. Just gotta make it through this week!

Dear funeral home,
Chick-Fil-A nuggets at my dad's service? Uh, awesome.

Dear friends,
I can't tell you how much your calls, e-mails, gifts and presence has meant to me (especially to MB and Amie, who traveled so far to give me a real-life hug).

Dear Chapel Hill,
What's up with all the chain restaurants now? Sad. Also, your college students are looking younger than ever.

Dear Chapel Hill bartender,
Thanks for carding me. And also for looking surprised at my birthday.

Dear North Carolina,
Seriously? Fried Kool-Aid?

Dear Monkey,
I love how you purr loudly in the morning for no reason at all. Thanks for reminding me that life is good.

Dear Dad,
As the poem goes, I carry your heart with me (I carry it in my heart). I always will, because you are a piece of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment