Thursday, November 3, 2011

almost five years!


The other day I was telling Erik that one of the hardest things about losing your dad is that you're also losing your rock. All of a sudden, the person who would do anything to protect you is inexplicably gone. It's an unsettling feeling, no longer having that deep sense of security. But, over the course of the week, after Erik rubbed my back, made me laugh and gave me his crinkly-eyed smile as I fussed and freaked, it occurred to me: He's my rock now. Over the (nearly!) five years we've been together, he's constantly made me feel safe, supported and loved. And even though he might show up breathless because he's run from a work crisis, he's always been by my side when I've truly needed him. I can't imagine my life without this guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment