Wednesday, June 26, 2013

one happy thing


Today I interviewed an author I admire, who was every bit as amazing as I hoped her to be. I asked her if she had any daily rituals, and her answer was contributing to a "Happiness Jar." Every day she writes down the best moment of her day -- even if it's going to bed -- and slips it into the jar. In many ways, that's similar to the goal of this blog; this bit of bandwith is meant to remind myself of all the lovely little things in life. I'm goal-oriented and a bit competitive by nature, so it's one of my biggest challenges! In honor of the Happiness Jar, I thought I'd make this post about today's joyful moments. Although I pretty much slogged at my computer all day, I have to say my favorite times were connecting with my family. I snapped this pic during a Facetime session with my mom; isn't it the cutest? I also texted with my brother, who is on a camping trip in Utah. And then Erik and I worked together this morning before he headed to the office, and of course he simultaneously distracted me and cracked me up while I was trying to meet a deadline. That's my little family. We might not be the closest clan, or the most functional, but as long as I have them, everything is going to be all right.

No comments:

Post a Comment