Sunday, June 16, 2013

summer in the city


Summer's here, and it's so much fun! This season's goal is not to let work and wedding planning get in the way of fun. And so far, so good: On Friday, I played hooky and went surfing with my pal Michael. The conditions were perfectly glassy, and we had a blast trying to synchronize surf on his Go-Pro. I'll miss him when he moves to Ecuador. That evening was filled with laughs at a movie-and-beer night with the girls. On Saturday, I hit the beach again with Kim; we actually stayed long enough to devour delicious pizza from Roberta's! My pie was topped with ricotta, pineapple, prosciutto, and jalapeƱo. In the afternoon, Erik and I ventured into Manhattan. We wandered through Washington Square Park, stopping to listen to multiple musicians and watch talented dancers, before feasting on sushi at Blue Ribbon. After checking out some shops in the Village and Soho, we finished the evening by sharing a tiramisu ice cream cone. I don't think I stopped smiling all day!

PS: Happy Father's Day to my little dad, who taught me to always try my best. Miss you every single day!

No comments:

Post a Comment