Monday, June 24, 2013

Vermont yoga weekend


Home from such an amazing time in Vermont. I headed north with Glenna and Corrie to attend Wanderlust, a yoga and music festival. It's safe to say that we all stepped out of our comfort zones this weekend: We scaled a mountain (and spotted a black bear!); did yoga on paddleboards; meditated in the midst of thousands of bugs; sang, danced, and clapped hippie-style; and burned up our pasts in a fire ceremony. To say the least, it was an...experience! As much as we cracked ourselves up during the more out-there events, it was a fantastic way to push pause and do a little life check-in. Like most New Yorkers, I tend to focus on the tangible, immediate things (finishing assignments, doing races, catching waves, meeting goals, ticking off my wedding checklist). Sometimes I can lose sight of the greater picture or get caught up in the pressure of wanting to achieve. So here's to savoring stillness, letting go of things out of my control, appreciating friendships, and feeling grateful for all of the many wonderful things in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment